- You Are Here:
- City Departments
- Public Works
- Trash Collection
Residential and Commercial trash pickup occurs two times per week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- All trash must be bagged and placed inside the cart. This helps keep the city clean and litter-free by preventing trash from blowing around before and during service. Carts must be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your service day or the night before.
- Additional trash carts will be available for order after October 1, 2022, for an additional monthly charge. Call Republic Services at 903.986.5324 for more information.
- Carts must be at least 3' away (for safety) from any objects, including.mailboxes, parked cars, meters, fire hydrants, utility poles and other carts. Please note that personal containers may not be used. Republic Services' is not responsible for damage to personal trash containers.
- Broken and/or damaged carts will be replaced or repaired by Republic Services. Personal carts will not.
Stolen carts will be replaced by Republic Services after the resident files a police report.
- Carts are numbered and are the property of Republic Services and must remain at the designated address.
- Assistance for the disabled: Assistance will be provided to those households that have no able-bodied persons to transport the cart to the curb and back. Please call Republic Services at 903.986.5324 or the City of Chandler at 903.849.6853 to set up this service. A note from a physician may be required.
Bulk items: Republic Services will provide bulk item curbside collection twice a month for all areas of the city, and will include up to two bulk items (sofas, mattresses, washing machines, old water heaters, etc.). Please call 903.986.5324 to schedule a pickup. Please leave your name, address, phone number and type of items to be removed.
- Bulk Pickup: Leaves should be dry and securely bagged (20-bag limit per pickup day). Bundles should be securely tied and weigh no more than 50 lbs. Please call 903.986.5324 for more information.
Residential customers may use their current City of Chandler water bill and ID for a free landfill pass each month for 3 cubic yards at Greenwood Farms Landfill located at 12920 FM 2767, Tyler.
Important Note: Republic Services delays trash pickup on three holidays only: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, your pickup day will be as usual, Tuesday and Friday.
The recycling cart is located at the City of Chandler maintenance barn. Only recyclable items go into the cart. Please keep cart area neat and clean.
The City of Chandler offers a free Curbside Limb Chipping Service for larger limbs on the first Monday of each month (weather permitting). If delayed due to weather or for other reasons, limbs will be picked up later that week). Limbs between 3 and 10 ft in length and not larger than 8" will be picked up. Limbs should be stacked neatly at the curb the evening before pickup. Request for this service MUST be called in to City Hall at (903) 849-6853.