- You Are Here:
- City Departments
- Municipal Court
- Going to Court / Dress Code
Going to Court / Dress Code
All persons entering Chandler Municipal Court are subject to the following rules:
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so they remain quiet at all times. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- Concealed handgun permits do not apply to a courthouse.
- Disrupting the functions of the court and/or the clerk’s office may result in additional charges being filed.
- Friends or family may not be with you when you see the judge. However, parents / guardians of juveniles should be with them when seeing the judge.
- Keep your hands in plain sight and not in your pockets or jacket.
- No food, drink or gum chewing is allowed in the courtroom.
- Silence all cell phones and charges. Any device sounding during court is subject to seizure and will not be returned until court is over.
- Smoking is prohibited by law in all areas of city buildings.
- The courthouse is a secured environment. All persons and any hand-carried items are subject to search.
- The judge should be addressed as “Your Honor.”
- There is to be no talking while court is in session.
It is inappropriate to enter the courtroom unless you are wearing at least a T-shirt, pants (including Bermuda shorts in summer months) and shoes. Chandler Municipal Court reserves the right to refuse admittance in court to any person it deems is dressed inappropriately. The following is a list of prohibited clothing:
- Any attire which the court's staff or the judge deems to be inappropriate
- Flip-flop sandals
- Halter tops
- Hats and sunglasses
- Short shorts (above the knee) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Spaghetti strap shirts
- T-shirts that carry offensive slogans or pictures
- Tube tops @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>